2009年11月3日 星期二

Breaking with Convention

In today's class, when coming across the phrase "break with convention" in Lesson 7, I asked Class 209, "How can an English teacher break with convention when teaching English?" The students' answers were by using movies, songs, and games in class. The last two are easy for me. However, not a moviegoer, I seldom bring movies into the classroom. Maybe I should watch more movies.

I remember when I was studying at University of Illionis, Champaign, an American classmate, when doing a teaching demonstration, used a lot of movie clips. She was teaching how to make, accept, and decline an invitation. After some practice, she showed us quite a few movie clips in which the characters performed these speech acts. I was stunned at her demonstration, thinking how much time she had spent finding and editing these clips.

沒有留言:

張貼留言