2008年1月3日 星期四

如何準備學測及指考英文科 Suggestions from Spencer on how to prepare for the English test on the SAT and UEE

Given that Spencer took the SAT or UEE last year, in the email I sent him today, I posed the question Ben asked yesterday: How should the students prepare for English on the SAT. He got 15 on the scale for SAT English and 84.xx for UEE English.

I got a prompt reply. The following are Spencer's suggestions:

 

1. Read and read, focus on the textbook. Do not miss anything in the text (I think he meant the reading part).

2. Study every Meow-meow test.

3. Do every past SAT.

4. Review the High Frequency Vocabulary Book (高頻率單字).

5. If there's time, do some outside reading, such as Reader's Digest, Advanced, and so on.

He mentioned that these are basics and that it is not necessary to do each of the five every day. However, he did at least 3 every day. He reviewed the Vocabulary Book on the bus.

Thank you, Spencer. You are a good example to my students.

沒有留言:

張貼留言