2015年11月11日 星期三

Mr. Chien's Recital 簡崇元演唱會



This evening, I went to Mr. Chien's recital with Annie. Mr. Chien once served as a substitue teacher at Annie's school teaching Chinese. He only stayed there for half a year and chose to pursue his dream as a vocalist.

This evening Mr. Chien sang 18 songs plus two encores. The first half of the recital focused on the beauty of ancient Chinese poetry and the second half on Hakka, Northeastern Chinese, and Taiwanese folk songs. After each song, he won thunderous applause. Listening to his beautiful voice, I thought about all the efforts he had made and was really touched.

I was also enchated by the pianist Ms. Su Ying-chun, who accompanied Mr. Chien's singing.

I'd like to thank Annie for inviting me to such a fabulous performance. My gratitude also goes to Mr. Chien and Ms. Su for the feast to the ears.

P.S. During the recital, I was fascinated by the beauty of the Chinese language.





 



 

沒有留言:

張貼留言