2015年6月10日 星期三

Congratulations on Your Graduation!



Last week, Dao-ching (林道慶) called and proposed a meet-up of him, Yi-hung (高逸竑), and me this week before his graduation ceremony. I didn't know why he'd like one before the graduation ceremony, which falls on this Saturday, June 13, until this afternoon halfway through our chat when he asked if he and Yi-hung could put on their gown and cap and have pictures taken with me. I was touched! In fact, I was already moved weeks ago when invited by Dao-ching to attend his graduation ceremony.

Dao-ching is graduating from the department of accounting at Soochow University and going on to its graduate school, still majoring in accounting. Yi-hung is graduating from the department of Japanese at Tamkang University and looking for a job. Looking at them, my memory flashed back to the time when they were in high school. Silent and insightful, they didn't talk much in class and often stood behind me in the office during the break to keep me company. Now, the four-year college education has led them to a higher level. As their teacher, I am more than happy for them. This is a rewarding moment for me.













 

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言