2015年5月7日 星期四

When You Are Not Forced To

Last night before I slept, I browsed FB very quickly, for less than 5 minutes. The first post I saw was from a former colleague who is still teaching. She sounded very angry mentioning a piece of sad news about a junior high school teacher who died from cerebral hemorrhage the day before yesterday.

Since it was already very late, I didn't give any comments, but planned to call her this evening because she had class during the daytime. However, I returned from furniture shopping after 10:30pm, so nothing has been done about cheering her up.

I can guess she might have been under great pressure from teaching when posting that FB message. My advice is, just as usual, work hard on what you can control and leave what you cannot to the universe, and remember to stop and smell the roses once in a while.

Before I retired, besides the teaching in the daytime, after dinner I usually worked until 11:30pm~12am, grading students' assignments or tests and preparing the next day's lesson. You might wonder why, after teaching so many years, I still needed to prepare lessons so hard. Well, I looked for supplementary materials online related to the topic in question, for examples, songs, articles, news, etc. I made PowerPoint and handouts and planned some classroom activities. All these take time, don't they?

Wasn't I tired? I didn't feel so physically until hitting the pillow. However, mentally, I was having fun!

Why was it fun? Because I was willing to do all these. I was not forced to.

沒有留言:

張貼留言