2015年5月2日 星期六

Gems of Wisdom

This past Wednesday night, when I was driving home from my furniture shopping, I heard very soothing words on the radio.

The host was interviewing a lady who had probably published a book about getting married. The lady said, "Most women want to be a perfect bride. But this thought often drives them crazy. Well, why do we need to get a 100? Getting an 80 is good enough."

Recently, with my son's wedding coming at the end of May, I've been so busy cleaning our home that I haven't had time to care about what I'm wearing to his wedding and who to do my makeup. My mom-in-law and my husband are quite worried. Yesterday, when my husband reminded me of these two things, to calm him down, I related to him about the lady's words.

Yes, at the wedding, I don't need to be a 100% great-looking mom/mom-in-law. 80% is good enough.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言