2014年10月10日 星期五

High School Class Reunion Trip-2



During yesterday's high school reunion trip, I learned a lot, for example, making Chinese snacks, changing gears while driving (Don't laugh even if you know I have driven for more than 20 years!), taking better photos, etc. What impressed me most was the story Mei-chu told us.

In an activity held by Tzu-chi, Master Cheng Yen asked the audience how long they wanted to live. Some said 75, some said 80, and some 85. Then Cheng Yen had them think about how many more years they would have. Many of the audience were around 60. That meant they had around 20 years to go. Compared to the time they had spent in the world, 20 years was not long. Then Cheng Yen posed a serious question: "What would you like to do during these years of life?"

A very good question, indeed!









 





 











Yesterday before we bid adieu after the sun set, Chung-chi invited us to sing a song. Not knowing the song, I just hummed along. Finally Chung-chi said she remembered my good voice and the song I sang, "Inquiring of Oricles and Swallows (問鶯燕)." That reminded me of the good old days in high school when I spent a lot of time on music. Perhaps I should brush up on my singing and piano skills. Oh! There's so much I'd like to do!

沒有留言:

張貼留言