2014年10月29日 星期三

Connected by Music



Yesterday evening, invited by my g0dmother Mrs. Chen and my aunt, also an old colleague, Ms. Hung, my friends and I went to the concert with the theme of "Bohemian Masters" at the National Recital Hall. The program of the concert included Bedrich Smetana's "Moldau" from My Father Land, for piano four hands arranged by the composer, Bohuslav Martinu's First Piano  Quartet, H. 287, and Atonin Dvorak's Piano Quintet in A Major, Op. 81.







Among the three, I had been very familiar with the first piece, which is very popular. In fact, my former cellphone had it as the ringing tone. The second was composed in 1942., quite contemporary. The third one impressed me most. I was so enchanted by its beauty that its melody has since kept lingering in my mind. I found one played by different musicians on YouTube as follows:


At last, the six musicians played one of Dvorak's Slavonic Dances as the encore. The same piece of music I found on YouTube was played by Yo-yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman, accompanied by an orchestra.

沒有留言:

張貼留言