2011年7月15日 星期五

To Love You More

Today, to relieve the students of some pressure, after the discussion of today's quiz, I taught the three classes the song "To Love You More" sung by Celine Dion. It's a beautiful, touching song and I love the passion flowing from both the melody and the lyrics.

After presenting the song, I challenged Classes 301 and 303 to locate the imperative sentences in the song, a grammar point we reviewed this week, and Class 311 to discover the relative clauses. Then we sang the song together.

I love teaching English through songs. A student I taught long time ago once wrote in his email to me that he could hardly remember what he had learned in junior high school except for the songs I had taught then. 

Interestingly, I invited the students to take the singer as the English language and imagine it singing to them:

"Take me back into the arms I love / Need me like you did before / Touch me once again.../ You will see I can give you / Everything you need... / See me as if you never knew / Hold me so you can't let go / Just believe in me / I will make you see / All the things that your heart needs to know..."

It makes sense, doesn't it?em22


 
In the video below, you will see Celine Dion perform the song. Brilliant! The violinist is amazing too.  Best of all, you can listen to Celine Dion introduce the violinist.

沒有留言:

張貼留言