2008年10月28日 星期二

An Essay by a Student

Students in Class 314 like to write extra compositions for me to read. Among them are some good works. Here is an example:


 


One News Event That I Can't Forget About


A few months ago, I was astonished by a piece of news, and until now I still can't get it out of my mind.


A father in Austria had confined his own daughter to his basement for more than eighteen years since the day she turned eighteen. Even worse, the mad, frenzied father raped his daughter. During the long, torturing confinement, the daughter had given birth to six children. It was not until one of their children got sick and had to go to the doctor that the daughter had a chance to call for help by putting a note in her kid's pocket. Fortunately, the doctor discovered the note and the family tragedy was revealed.


When I first watched the news, I was very shocked. What happened to the world? How could a father do such a horrifying thing to his own daughter? I started to think, "If even your closest one would do harm to you, what about others, those who you don't even know?" Since when, we humans only care about our own desire and overlook others' feelings? I hope such tragedy will not happen again and that everyone can care more about others instead of only thinking about themselves. Maybe by doing so, we could save the world from the illness called "selfishness."


(by Gina 胡靜, 313)

沒有留言:

張貼留言