2008年10月19日 星期日

A Visit to the Palace Museum

Today I went to the Palace Museum with three high school classmates.  We spent most of our time  on three current exhibits: Masterpieces of Chin and T'ang Dynasty Calligraphy (晉唐法書名蹟), Tracing the Che School in Chinese Painting (追索浙派), and Stunning Decorative Porcelains from the Ch'ien-lung Reign (華麗彩瓷).   Huai-su's (懷素) cursive script puzzled me because I could barely understand what he wrote.  Here is an example:



Can you recognize the words on the first line?


If you're interested in his words, go to the following webpage and see if you can understand his autobiography:


http://www.npm.gov.tw/exh96/orientation/en_b4_2.html


I found paintings especially appealing to me because from them I knew what the people at a certain time in our history looked like: their dresses, buildings, means of transportation, and even life. 


Appreciating the treasures at the Palace Museum, I'm really proud of being a Chinese. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言