2015年10月7日 星期三

Nice Seeing You Again, Biling



When I was in the States in September, Biling, or Chia-wei, a student graduating in 2006, sent me a private FB message, requesting a meet-up. And here we are.

Biling is a reporter for Taiwan indigenous TV. During the gathering tonight, he shared with me his working experience. It is not new that the job of a reporter is tough and stressful. However, Biling seems to enjoy it quite much. He told me his work required that he get in touch with different people and deal with a variety of issues and that to him, that was the fun. As a teacher, I'm always happy about students' happiness.

I remember an act of kindness Biling did for me when he was still in school. One morning, when I got to school, three students in his class were waiting at my desk. They told me there had been a dead cockroach in my mug of water and that it was Biling who removed the roach and washed the mug before I arrived. What an angel!

When Biling was in college, he worked part-time at a fast-food restaurant. Due to his devotion to the job, he was quickly elevated to the highest position he could reach. Tonight, I assured him that his right attitude would get him somewhere in life, and at the same time, I reminded him to take care of his health while carrying out his responsibilites. After all, health comes first.

Well done, Biling. Good luck!

沒有留言:

張貼留言