2015年10月30日 星期五

Nice Chat with Diego



Time: 6pm, Oct. 30, 2015

Place: Chunshuitang, Xinyi Dist., Taipei

This evening, Diego, a former NHSH student who graduated in 2006, invited me to dinner. We chatted until around 10pm! He shared with me what his job is like. Also, as before, he opened my eyes to the technology world. Besides the smartphone, his focus was on the automotive industry. For example, through his introduction, I got to know who Lee Chunfu (李春福), founder and current chairman of Geely Automobile, is and how he revolutionized the motor industry in mainland China. He started his career as a photographer at some scenic spots to earn a living. Instead of staying in the comfort zone, he jumped out and finally owned an industry kingdom. One of the impressive episodes of his life was his insistence on getting into making cars even though he didn't have any automotive background. And when Diego talked about how Mr. Lee asked his employees to tear down the first Mercedes-Benz he purchased so as to know what was inside, I was stunned. Such an inspiring story!

His teacher as I am, I learned quite a lot from Diego. To me, he is just like a resource center. Even back when I was teaching him at NHSH in his 2nd and 3rd years, his profound knowledge about many fields already amazed me. Diego, thank you for expanding my horizons by sharing.



P.S. I'm really glad that I keep my blog and take pictures. This evening when I mentioned a gathering in July with Jessie, Cloe, and Ken, who were his Advanced English program classmates in their first year, I forgot Jessie's name. To make sure Diego knew who I was talking about, I showed him the photo on an entry (http://june.ettachou.com/2015/07/25/long-time-no-see-girls/#more-15486), which easily helped him confirm who the girl I meant. Diego didn't join us that day because he was preparing the oral defence for his Master's thesis.

沒有留言:

張貼留言