2014年7月12日 星期六

The More We Get Together...



Another gathering with my junior high schoolmates yesterday evening. I knew none of them when studying in junior high except two; however, the April 19 school reunion started our friendship. A strange but beautiful case in life.

Although Xing-xing, our alma mater, was a co-ed junior high school at that time, boys and girls were separated; that is, we studied in single-sex classes. In fact, back then I didn't know any of the men in today's gathering. Now we're like brothers and sisters. Everyone presents a story of their own, achieving in different fields.

At the gathering, a friend asked me if being a teacher is a waste of talent for some academically excellent people because they could do "bigger" things. I told him, being a teacher is one of the most rewarding jobs in the world because a teacher could make a difference in some students' life. After pondering over my words for a while, he agreed.



Two of the attendees are the wives of my schoolmates. They didn't study in the same school. But they are members of our group now.

 







This photo was taken by my classmate Xuei-fen.

 







 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言