2014年2月8日 星期六

Great Banquet, Happy Reunion





 



This evening I was invited to a banquet held by a publishing company for which Annie (詹麗馨老師) and I wrote quite a few listening exercise books for junior high school students. Surely, I saw my dear friend Annie. As usual, she showered me with gifts: a card and books. Such a sweet generous lady.

I also met some new friends as well as old ones.

The most surprising moment came when Sue, the lady next to me in the first photo, appeared before me. Sue taught me around 27 years ago in a summer course opened at NTNU for English teachers. Sue always enteredd the classroom with a radiant smile and greeted us by drawing on the blackboard a smiling face followed by the words "Good Morning." I remember in a class she said that even she, a native speaker, could only understand 70% of ICRT. We all believed that she just wanted us not to feel bad about not being able to understand 100 percent the English we heard and that she did her best to create a stress-free atmosphere in class, for which we all felt grateful for. And this evening, we got together again! Isn't that wonderful?

Another wonderful moment arrived when I spotted Professor Peace Feng (馮和平教授). Four years ago, she and the class she taught at NTNU came to observe my teaching. Her heartwarming encouragement and utmost courtesy impressed me deeply.



With Annie, Mr. Fang, Maggie, and Chun-mei (楊純妹老師)



With Eric



with Chun-mei Yang and Shu-han Chen

 



My dinner "table-mates"



My dinner "table-mates," plus Hsiao-chu



With my dear friend Annie

 



(This photo was made by Annie for her FB post.)

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言