2014年2月24日 星期一

Audacity--Free Software to Edit Sound Files

This later afternoon, I learned to use Audacity, a free software to edit sound files. The first hours' try was quite frustrating. I tried my best to learn from the written tips online and a YouTube instructional video, only to fail again and again. Then I had no choice but to LINE my young former colleague Regina (鄭卉含) for help. She nicely called me and taught me patiently while she was on the bus from work. But I still couldn't work it out. During the process, however, I came to understand how easy it was to locate the part I want. The blank between the sound waves indicates the pause! This is so obvious! How could I not have had the sense? For this, I thanked Regina profusely! Haha! After hanging up, I kept figuring out where the problem was. Then with a stroke of luck, I made it!

In fact, it is really easy. Just follow the steps stated here.

1. Download Audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/?lang=zh-TW

2. Click "File" and import into Audacity the sound file where your target lies.

3. Locate the part you want by single-clicking the starting point and dragging the cursor  to highlight your target.

4. Click "File," and, halfway down, find "Export Selected Track" and click.

5. Name the new file and choose where you want to export it.

6. Key in the name of the new file in a pop-up window and click Enter. Done!

I hope my step-by-step instructions would be helpful.

沒有留言:

張貼留言