2016年3月28日 星期一

Nice Gathering with Vicky



Time: 2:30pm~8:30pm

Place: Moon River Cafe, Neihu

This afternoon, Vicky and I chatted non-stop for around 6 hours.  We talked about linguistics, literature, relationships, education, English teaching, life, etc.

Vicky is studying at Graduate Institute of Linguistics at National Chengchi University. Learning about her hard work in college and graduate school and positive attitude toward life, I was really happy for her. She shared a valuable experience. When she was little, her mother made her memorize the multiplication table. At first, she was reluctant, but later when she found it helped her in learning math, she realized that she had done that not for her mother, but for herself. That experience taught her to be responsible for her own life.

Vicky recommended to me four English novels, three of which are Never Let Me Go, God of Small Things, and Room 19. When I told her I like reading Mitch Albom's novels, she said I was a little too serious and that she did not like to read books which are didactic.

She also recommended some good movies: Blue Jasmine, Zootopia, Still Alice, and so on.

沒有留言:

張貼留言