2016年3月6日 星期日

Nice Encounter



Time: 11:30am~2:20pm, Mar. 6, 2016

Place: Moooon River Cafe & Books

This noon I introduced my niece to my student Hubert, before my niece goes back to the States on the coming Saturday. During this first encounter, there was no embarrassment at all. They seemed to be curious about each other's fields. My niece was pursuing her PhD degree in astronomy, and Hubert was in the last year of medical school. Listening to them, I was really amazed at how time propels people forward on their life timeline if they keep learning and expanding their horizons. Years ago, what they are so familiar with now was brand new to them. As time goes by, they are on the way to being an expert in their specialty.



P.S. Though I haven't recovered from my bad cold, I didn't cancel today's meet-up, because my niece is going back to the States on the coming Saturday. There would be no more chance to have a gathering of us three.

沒有留言:

張貼留言