2015年9月9日 星期三

A Get-together with Yu-ting



A gathering with Yu-ting (顏渝庭) in the evening. She is studying in graduate school at Chengchi University, majoring in English literature. She shared with me her experience of a conference in England she attended this past July, in which she presented her paper. And she is going to give another presentation in England again is coming November, talking about Jane Austin's Mansfield Park.  

She also shared with me her tough experience at graduate school, the demanding professors, the overwhelming reading load, etc. I reminded her that every professor had gone through similar experience, which proves that things will be all right.

When she told me that she preferred teaching literature to English for general purpose, I encouraged her to continue with her studies and be a professor.



 

 

 

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言