2013年5月12日 星期日

Happy Mother's Day!



 





 

                      

These photos are taken on May 5 during a trip to Shimen Reservoir with my mom-in-law.   The words and the heart shape were arranged with tung blossoms by an unknown visitor, or maybe more.  They reminded visitors of the unsung hero at home.

Now, close your eyes.  Visualize the moment you were born to the world.  The great pain your mom felt was quickly replaced by the joy of hearing your first cry.  That day she embarked on the long journey of raising you, taking you under her wings.  Countless stares, embraces, laughs, tears,... out of love, endless love for you, the greatest part of her life.

The following is a short poem I came across online.  To my mom and all moms around the world.

Everything Mom
By Joanna Fuchs
 
How did you find the energy, Mom
 To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.
 
How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.
 
I see now it was love, Mom
 That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.
 
(Source: http://www.poemsource.com/mother-poems.html)
 
 

沒有留言:

張貼留言