2008年8月18日 星期一

The beauty of education

"Little did I know how to write a composition in English," a student in Class 310 made this sentence druing the break.  She came to clarify some grammatical points we discussed in class.  Then, with the belief that making sentences with the pattern students are learning works better than mere explanation, I asked her to make a sentence starting with "Little...."  And this is the sentence she made.  Hearing this and noticing that she used the past tense, I asked, "So you know how to write one now?"  She nodded and said, "Yes." 



Yes.  This is the beauty of education.  Every day when students leave school, they already know (much) more than when they came that morning.   Fantastic, isn't it? 


 


Their class had a lesson on paragraph writing last Monday. They wrote one that day, had my feedback to their first draft the next day, revised and handed it in last Thursday, got my feedback on their second draft and listened to me read some good paragraphs today.

沒有留言:

張貼留言