2008年8月14日 星期四

Peer Support, plus An Act of Kindness

                     


Today in class I told the students the news story of the class of which all the students entered the high school of their first choice. 


http://mag.udn.com/mag/campus/storypage.jsp?f_ART_ID=142001


I told them the power of peer support and encouraged them to go together for their dreams.  However, I said that what impressed me most was their act of kindness.  Each of the 30 students deposited NT$1 every day.  So every month they gathered NT$900.  With the extra NT$100 from their homeroom teacher, they had NT$1,000 every month to help a child. 


I told the students that we don't do good things in the hope of getting something in return.  However, the goodness in our heart will surely lead us upward.   

沒有留言:

張貼留言