2008年8月17日 星期日

Sample compositions by

Over the weekend, I read three classes' compositions.  Two of the classes were asked to write a paragraph starting with the topic sentence, "I am a(n)...person." or "I am a person who..."  The other class began their paragraph with the same topic sentence or "... is my favorite season."  I gave them this in-class writing assignment right after the discussion of paragraph writing in English.  We talked about the topic sentence, the supporting sentences, and the concluding sentence.  This assignment was intended to check if they understood the concept of "paragraph unity."   Most of the students did a good job in maintaining paragraph unity.


Last Friday I came across a handout I made last year.  It contains sample compositions of the students who just graduated this May.  They also did this assignment when they first learned paragraph writing last summer.  Quite a few of the paragraphs are really good.


I am a... person.


 


 

沒有留言:

張貼留言