2008年8月19日 星期二

Ben's visit & a good article worth reading


Today Ben visited me. We had a wonderful afternoon. She showed me a book she bought during the summer vacation, Don't Worry, Make Money, which was written by Richard Carlson, the author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff series. She bought the book second-hand for NT$70. Hmm, it's a good buy.


Ben invited me to read the 3rd chapter "Learn the Magic of Nonattachment," which impressed her deeply. After reading it, I told her the idea Mr. Carlson tried to convey was part of my philosophy of life, which, in fact, I often conveyed to my students.



Just now, I tried to recall some of the lines in the article. Then it occurred to me that I might find this article online, and I did find it. Here is the website where we can find the first three chapters of the book Don't Worry, Make Money.


http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/c/carlson-money.html


Or you can click here:

learn-the-magic-of-nonattachment1


I especially love the words "Being nonattached...means holding on tightly and letting go lightly." To me, this concept is similar to the old saying, "Man proposes, God disposes." I believe this philosophy of life is one of the keys to real happiness in life.


Thank you, Ben, for the wonderful afternoon and for sharing the good article and book with me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言