2016年2月18日 星期四

Borrowed to Teach Grammar



Time: 7:30pm~8:50pm

Place: MOS Burger, Wende MRT station

After an exhausting day, I went to the appointment with Che-wei (范哲瑋), an NHSH student who graduated in 2011 and who I never taught but got acquainted with just because he was a friend of a student of mine. Late yesterday evening he contacted me via FB Messenger, asking if he could ask me grammar questions on some TOEIC practice tests he'd done by Sunday, when he's going to take the big exam. Surely, I said yes. I once thought to myself, if I were a "book" in a human library, what could I be borrowed for? English grammar, of course.

I'm glad I could help. The most important thing he reviewed about English grammar today is: Always locate the verb of a sentence.

After finishing the Q & A, we chatted, catching up on what we've missed during the past few years. When he told me he skipped class with permission and spent almost one semester in the hospital taking care of his mother, who was afflicted with cancer, I gave him a thumbs up. Though it is thought a should-do, not many people in real life can/will do it.

Later Che-wei walked me home. He is such an angelic person!

沒有留言:

張貼留言