2012年6月15日 星期五

The Person I'm Most Thankful to--Five Essays by Students

The following are five essays written by students for the writing task on the 3rd UEE mock exam.   One of the reasons I put them on my blog is to show what else an English teacher can do besides teaching English.  The writers' identity is concealed because I'd rather the students thanked a type of teachers instead of a specific individual.  Whoever fits the description is appreciated.

提示: 在充斥著不滿與抱怨的忙碌生活中,我們常常忘了還有一件更重要的事—感恩。除了父母外,我們周遭還有許值得我們感謝的人。。請寫一篇英文作文,第一段請指出除了父母外,你最想感謝的人是誰?第二段請說明這個人對你的影響及你想如何表達你的感恩之情。

Besides my parents, the person I’m most thankful to is my high school English teacher. She is always full of energy and very optimistic. Because of her, I found myself more interested in English than before. By teaching in her own way, she turned learning English into a joy instead of just a subject. Furthermore, to me, she is not merely a teacher but my counselor as well. Whenever I face difficulties, she is the first one that I want to talk with. She will comfort me and give me some really constructive advice. For all these mentioned above, she is just the one I’m most grateful to. 

My English teacher once told me something that left a profound impact on me. She said, “Life is tough, but you are tougher.” This sentence always gives me strength to move on. Moreover, she also equips me with a positive attitude toward life, encouraging me in whatever I do. In sum, I think I’m really lucky to have her by my side. To show my thankfulness, I will write her a thank-you note to express my gratitude and give her a big hug. (191 words) 

 

Besides my parents, the person I’m most grateful to is my high school English teacher. There is a lot of pressure from my school life, grades, friends, and so on. My English teacher is always willing to talk to me. She teaches me some positive attitude and give me useful suggestions. 

It is my high school English teacher that changes my negative attitude. She always smiles whenever I meet her, and when I see her smiling face, I can open up to her and talk about my problems at home and at school. As time goes by, I have developed a positive attitude toward pressure. To show my gratitude, I’ll prepare a small gift for her at the end of the semester. This is the only thing I can do for her. After leaving school, I’ll still keep in touch with her. Most important of all, I’ll become a positive and loving person like her. I believe this is the best way to thank her. (165 words) 

Besides my parents, I am most thankful to my English teacher.  I think she is just like my second mother.  She is very kind, considerate and positive.  In addition, with her passion for teaching, I have made great progress in English now.  What’s more, she taught me never to give up and to think positively, broadly and do more good things to people around.

    Because of her, I became mentally stronger.  I used to give up many things, such as tests, competitions, and so on, but now, I know I should persevere.  And when I encountered obstacles, I used to choose not to face it but run away.  Yet, due to her inspiration, I learned to take challenges bravely.  To express my gratitude, I will enter a good college and visit her frequently at school after graduation.  Additionally, I want to give her a big kiss.  But now all I can do is cherish every moment we get together at school. 

 (161 words)



Our lives are filled with hardships and difficulties, and many people will give us a hand. No one can live in the world without others’ help. An encouraging sentence or a different attitude can influence someone, and that is what my English teacher X taught me. Her positive attitude and thoughtful heart made her treat everyone she meets kindly. She takes life as a process of accumulating experience. This is why she enjoys every moment in her life. 

My English teacher has changed my perspective of the world. My passion for life has been sparked by her positive attitude. She gives me so much that I don’t know how to show her my thankfulness. The only way I can repay her is to become a person with a noble spirit to help more people who lost themselves in life, just like her. (139 words) 

As a senior high school student, I always complain about how tired I was, but forget to thank others. I want to thank my parents first, for supporting me. Besides my parents, I am most grateful to my English teacher. She taught me lots of knowledge, helped me solve many problems, and gave me precious advice. 

My English teacher always taught her best in class, asking us to repeat after she speaks some words, to correct our pronunciation. Besides, she asked us to answer all questions she asked in English. By answering questions, we could think and speak in English so that we would be able to talk with foreigners smoothly. I think only a “Thank you” cannot show how thankful I am, so I have made up my mind to make her happy. I will concentrate more in English class and hand in all assignments on time. I will be a best student to thank her. (157 words)

沒有留言:

張貼留言