2007年12月3日 星期一

龍騰課本第九課 Should History be Told by Tribes or Museums? (Warm-up activity)

I started teaching this lesson by asking students about their experience of visiting museums. To my surprise, they don't often visit museums. And when I asked them to name some museums in Taiwan, they can only name National Palace Museum.


Then I asked them about the functions of a museum. After this, we went through the museums listed in Pre-reading activity. I asked them the Chinese names and where they are. This is followed by identifying what they would see in each of the museums.


After this we went to listening activity, where they saw some pictures of the museums. They had to match the pictures with what the speakers were talking about. The students were quite interested in seeing those pictures. This part seemed easy to them.


Later, I asked them which they would choose to visit to get some ideas about a tribe, the museum or the tribal show? Most of them told me they would choose the tribal show because they think it is more real.


Then we went on to the text.


I felt it was a good start.



沒有留言:

張貼留言