2016年5月1日 星期日

Another Happy Get-together



Time: 13:00~15:00

Place: Zhanlu Coffee, Neihu, Taipei

Pei-yi (陳珮宜) is a former student of mine who graduated from NHSH in 2009. I only taught her in her senior year. Our last meet-up was about two years ago. During today's gathering, we spent most of the time talking about her work; also, we chatted about her high school classmates, ways to improve English listening skills, what I have been doing in my retirement, etc.

Her class 310 was lively and energetic. I enjoyed their active participation. The interaction between the students and me during the first class especially impressed me a lot. Before summer vacation when we were strangers, I assigned them to read Steve Jobs' Harvard commencement speech in the handouts and watch it online. In the first class during the summer session, I asked them questions about the speech, and amazingly, the interaction was so good that I thought I was teaching an advanced English class.

沒有留言:

張貼留言