2014年3月31日 星期一

Carla Visiting 109



This morning, Carla visited Class 109 and had a conversation with the students. Weeks ago, at a gathering, knowing I was going to teach as a substitute, Carla asked if she could visit my school to see what high school in Taiwan is like, and I said yes. Last Saturday evening, it occurred to me that this week is my last week to teach the three classes, so I LINEd my invitation to Carla. Happily, she agreed to come on Monday. Since she lives far from school, we decided on the 4th class periold.

During their free talk, the students asked about her reason for coming to Taiwan, her impression of Taiwan, Taiwanese girls, and food in Taiwan, what she does in her free time, etc. A question that surprised both Carla and me was her opinion about the protest held in Taiwan recently.

In reply to my question of when students in Switzerland start to think about their future, Carla introduced the education system of Switzerland. She drew a very clear illustration as follows:



KG: kindergarten, SS: secondary school, on-job education, GY: gynasium, PS: private school.

According to her, before graduating from junior high school, students have to choose one from the four options.



After her visit, Carla kept telling me how she enjoyed meeting the class, and I'm really happy about her visit, too. When having real communication in English, students not only feel the power of a common language but appreciate the effort they've put into learning English. A precious experience. Thank you, Carla.



























After Carla tried her best to write her Chinese name on the blackboard, I told the students how lucky they are to have known Chinese first.







 

After class, several students took selfies or had pictures taken with Carla.

















 

沒有留言:

張貼留言