2008年4月24日 星期四

To those who have got admitted to college

Congratulations, freshmen-to-be! You must be very happy that now you can use your time as you wish. No more review tests, no more pressure.

If I were you, I would read books. Books which inspire. Books which cultivate my hobbies. Books which expand my horizons.

 

If I were you, I would sharpen my English skills. I would listen to ICRT, CNN, VOA, anything that is in authentic English. While I were listening, I would do shadowing; that is, I would repeat what I heard, trying to imitate the speakers' accent and intonation. It would be a fun game. Besides, I would read English articles, books, or novels which interest me.

If I were you, I would help and encourage my classmates. I would be willing to do more cleaning work.

If I were you, I would share housework. Since life goes at a slower pace, I would take doing housework as a kind of enjoyment. See how I could make home a sweeter place.

If I were you, I would spend time accompanying my family. I would go shopping for food with my mother or father. I would go for a walk with my parents, siblings, or/and grandparents every night.

If I were you and my finance allows, I would learn some new skills. Maybe I would learn to play another musical instrument. Maybe I would learn to drive. There are so many things to learn to enrich my life.

If I were you, I would get close to nature on the weekend--alone, with my family, or with my friends. I would take in all the beauty that I didn't have time for before. If fortunate enough, I might learn from nature some life lessons.

If I were you, I would go to school every day, treasuring every moment when I could learn something without any pressure, cherishing every minute I spend with my classmates and my teachers, because I know that 5 weeks from now I would leave and that all these would only exist in my memory.

沒有留言:

張貼留言