2008年4月2日 星期三

About English learning--grammar and writing

This noon Yu-chi (林育綺), Min-chu (張閔筑), and Shi-hsuen (楊士萱) came to me. They asked me how to improve their English grammar and writing ability.
As for grammar, I suggested that they review the grammar book we used in the second year and the exercises we did last semester. To get ideas for writing, I advised they often practice brainstorming together. I told them when they are walking around the campus, they can decide on a topic, for example, "Which is better, an extended family or a nuclear family," or "Which is the best season," then they debate, saying anything coming to their mind. If they use their brains often to generate ideas, they will find it easier to come up with ideas when writing. "Practice makes perfect."

沒有留言:

張貼留言