2008年3月6日 星期四

Where There Is a Will, There Is a Way

This is a composition written by a student in Class 314.

Where There Is a Will, There Is a Way

To me, the old saying, "Where there is a will, there is a way" is more than a saying.

When I was in junior high school, I participated in a speech contest. Actually, I’d never taken part in such a contest and I had no idea about how to give a speech. Worst of all, I was such a shy girl that I was not sure if I dared make a speech in front of a crowd of people. As time passed, I knew that it was time to do something rather than do nothing but worry. Therefore, I turned to my Chinese teacher for help. She gave me some articles and asked me to read them aloud in front of a mirror every day after school and gave me suggestions. I was grateful to her and decided to go all out for the contest. With many practices, I conquered my stage fright and did very well in the contest. To my amazement, I got the championship.

After the contest, the proverb “Where there is a will, there is a way” is more than a proverb to me. It is a truth. (192 words)

沒有留言:

張貼留言