2008年3月20日 星期四

Ben has finished Tuesdays with Morrie

Today Ben (吳怡貞) told me that she had finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie (the English version). She told me that she loved this book better than The Five People You Meet in Heaven or For One More Day, all of which were written by Mitch Albom because the latter two jump around in time.




Well, I love all the three books and was especially touched by Tuesdays with Morrie and For One More Day. In the former one, I learned lessons about life and in the latter, I recaptured the love of a mother for her son. I remember I even cried when I was reading For One More Day.


There is another book that caused me to shed tears while reading: The Trumpet of the Swan. When I reached the part in which the Swan's father was shot down when he flew to the music store to return the trumpet he took several years ago. I was reading in bed. At that point, I covered the book on my face and sobbed. I was deeply touched by the father's love and integrity. Great literature touched the innermost depths of our heart.

沒有留言:

張貼留言