2013年10月19日 星期六

Read What You're Familiar with

A student I taught this summer invited me to watch the movie Training Day. He wanted to know how I felt about it. I don't watch movies often, but since I had promised that I would, I then borrowed the VCDs from the library and finally found time to watch the movie a few days ago.

After finishing it, I emailed him my comments right away. Out of the blue, I thought to myself, "Why not print out the synopsis of the movie from IMDb for him to read? Since he's already watched it, he is very likely to find this authentic reading material both appealing and easy. Yesterday I gave him the synopsis and summaries and wished him a happy reading.

Here's a good reading strategy: Read what you're familiar with, which could not only enhance your reading speed but raise the fun.

沒有留言:

張貼留言