2010年2月18日 星期四

The 5th Day of the Chinese New Year

The Fifth day of the Chinese New Year. Thinking my mom-in-law might be tired of staying at home for three days in a row and need fresh air, George and I decided to take her out. It was cold and raining, not a good day for admiring cherry blossoms or having a picnic, so we decided to go to the department stores in Xinyi District. My sister-in-law and niece Bambi went with us.

Our first destination was Shin Kong Mitsukoshi. Gosh, there are three buildings and we didn't know where the toy department was. We went to Buildings 11 and 9, only to find the toy department was in Building 8. Finding there was nothing fun in the toy department, Bambi asked us to take her to FNAC in B2 of Building 9 to buy a comic book. While she was looking, I stayed in the English Literature section. There were quite a few famous books there; however, still having some at home to read, I decided not to buy any.

After the trip to Shin Kong Mitsukoshi, we headed for Taipei 101. I was amazed how we could walk directly from Shin Kong to Taipei 101 through a long outdoor covered corridor. It was a new discovery!

Though my mom-in-law later said that we should have known better than to go out on such a rainy day, the new discovery made the trip worth taking.

沒有留言:

張貼留言