2010年2月27日 星期六

The 14th Day of the Chinese New Year

The fourteenth day of the Chinese New Year. In the morning, I meandered around the Dabi Lake (大埤湖). It's been a long time since I last visited it. Walking with my arms swinging back and forth, I took in the peaceful sight while exercising.

After getting back home from the trip, I did the laundry. Remembering how I sat through the day working on my "mission," this morning was so relaxing! I enjoyed the pleasure of slow life.

In the afternoon, after a nap, I started another mission: proofreading. Around 5pm, Shihjen called to request if I could let her class watch the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" in Tuesday's class so that they would have a better understanding of her oral report on the movie. Though learning English by watching movies is indeed a good way to learn English, for now, I would like the students to watch the movie at home and then we can have a discussion in class. Usually only when a movie is closely related to a lesson in the textbook will I have students watch it. Though I turned Shihjen's request down, I still thank her for calling because she reminded me of one possibility in English class. Besides, talking to her on the phone in English was fun.

沒有留言:

張貼留言