2008年2月28日 星期四

Common mistakes in students' compositions

The following are some common mistakes students made in their compositions on the first UEE mock exam.

(The writing task: 如果你可以發明一樣新產品,你會開發什麼產品?寫一篇文章,第一段描述你的新產品,第二段說明為什麼需要這樣的產品。)


I. Vocabulary:

1. invite--> invent

2. press the bottom --> press the button

3. creat --> create

4. morden --> modern

5. create a production --> create a produt

6. robbot --> robot

7. convinent --> convenient

8. The bag is slight. --> The bag is light.

II. Grammar

1. Why I need this product? --> Why do I need this product?

2. I always late for school. --> I am always late for school.

3. The reasons why I need to make this robot are as follow. -->

The reasons why I need to make this robot are as follows.

III. Chinglish:

It can clean the entire house without three hours.

--> It can clean the entire house within three hours.

To my surprise, the two students who mentioned the proverb "Time is money," which is so easy to remember, didn't get it right. One of them wrote "The time is the money." The other wrote "Time is more."

P.S. Many students would like to invent an alarm clock which can walk so that they have to get out of bed to catch it and stop the loud noise it makes. Some even want an alarm clock which will hit them to wake them up. The reason for inventing such alarm clocks is that the students find it hard to wake up, even with a normal alarm clock.

Many students also want to create a door which can take them anywhere they want to go.

My conclusions are that students really feel guilty of being late for school and that they want freedom.

沒有留言:

張貼留言